Precision Pressure Gauge Calibrator (MODEL ME-FM-1260E-R)
ARL’s 1260E Dead-weight testers are the basic primary standard used worldwide for the accurate calibration of pressure gauges, pressure transducers etc.
The equipment is self-contained and portable, so it may be used in lecture theater demonstrations or as a master calibrator for the laboratory.
- Portable, self-contained deadweight precision pressure gauge calibrator
- Calibration gauges with 1-1,200 bar range to ±0.025% of reading
- Supplied complete with laboratory calibration certificate
- Includes carrying case and weights
- Minimum standard weight increment is 0.05 bar
- The direct measurement of pressure (p=F/A)
- Masses added are proportional to the target pressure
- Calibration of pressure gauges by deadweight method to an accuracy better than 0.025% of reading
- Dual pistons enable calibration over a wide range of pressures
Deadweight testers are the basic primary standard used worldwide for the accurate calibration of pressure gauges, pressure transducers etc.
The equipment is self-contained and portable, so it may be used in lecture theatre demonstrations or as a master calibrator for the laboratory.
The instrument combines a low and high-pressure range provided by two pistons of different effective area.
Calibration is accurate to within ±0.025% of reading. A laboratory calibration certificate is supplied for each piston together with a traceable certificate of overall accuracy.
The pressure in the system is produced by means of a capstan-operated hydraulic ram, balanced by a deadweight acting upon a piston of known area. Oil is used as the hydraulic fluid.
The pressure developed is applied to the gauge that is to be calibrated.
A spirit level and adjustable feet are provided to enable the operator to level the instrument. A flotation indicator mounted on the top plate removes the guesswork when floating the piston.
The instrument is supplied complete with necessary weights and a fitted carrying case. ⅛”, ¼”, ⅜”, ½” BSP and NPT female adapters are included together with spare seals and a quantity of oil.