Flow Meter Demonstration (MODEL ME-FM-1288E-R)
The ARL’s 1288E accessory is designed to introduce students to three basic types of flow meter. Also Available with Digital Measuring Devices.
- Venturi meter, variable-area meter and orifice plate with flow-control valve
- Pressure tappings to measure head loss across each meter
- Supplied with manometer board with eight tubes
- Quick-release fitting for easy connection to Hydraulics Bench
- Educational software available as an option
The equipment consists of a Venturi meter, variable area meter and orifice plate, installed in a series configuration to permit direct comparison. A flow control valve permits variation of the flow rate through the circuit. Pressure tappings are incorporated so that the head loss characteristics of each flow meter may be measured. These tappings are connected to an eight-tube manometer bank incorporating a manifold with an air bleed valve.
Pressurization of the manometers is facilitated by a hand pump. The circuit and manometer are attached to a support framework, which stands on the working top of the Hydraulics Bench. The bench is used as the source of water supply and for volumetrically calibrating each flow meter.
|Number of manometer tubes:||8|
|Orifice plate diameter:||20mm|
|Variable area meter:||2-20 l/min|
|Venturi dimensions:||-Throat diameter: 15mm|
-Upstream pipe diameter: 31.75mm
-Upstream taper: 21° inclusive
-Downstream taper: 14° inclusive
- Directly comparing flow measurement using a Venturi meter, variable area meter and orifice plate
- Calibrating each flow meter using the volumetric measuring tank of the bench
- Comparing pressure drops across each device