Orifice and Free Jet Flow (MODEL ME-FM-1279E-R)
The ARL’s 1279E Orifice & JET Flow equipment permits calibration of two orifices of differing diameter and enables the trajectory of the jet to be plotted.
- Constant head tank with two interchangeable orifices
- Quick-release fitting for easy connection to Hydraulics Bench
- Jet trajectory measured and plotted using adjustable pointers
- Educational software available as an option
In the Orifice & Free Jet Flow accessory a constant head tank is fed with water from the Hydraulics Bench. The orifice is installed at the base of this tank by means of a special wall fitting, which provides a flush inside surface.
The head is maintained at a constant value by an adjustable overflow and is indicated by a level scale. A series of adjustable probes enable the path followed by the jet to be ascertained.
Adjustable feet permit leveling.
|Orifice diameters:||3.0mm and 6.0mm|
|Jet trajectory probes:||8|
|Max constant head:||410mm|
- Establishing the coefficient of velocity for a small orifice
- Finding the coefficient of discharge for a small orifice with flow under constant head and flow under varying head
- Comparing the measured trajectory of a jet with that predicted by simple theory of mechanics