Free and Forced Vortex Apparatus (MODEL ME-FM-1293E-R)
The ARL’s 1293E Free & Forced Vortex Apparatus is designed to produce and measure the characteristics of free and forced vortices.
- Cylindrical vessel with four inlet/outlet ports to generate free and forced vortices
- Three interchangeable orifices and paddle wheel to fit in base of tank
- Measuring bridge with adjustable pointers and internal caliper to measure vortex dimensions
- Pitot tubes for estimation of velocities in vortex
- Quick-release fittings for easy connection to hydraulics bench
Measurement & Visualization Capabilities