Multi Pump Test RIG (MODEL ME-FM-1245E-R)
The ARL’s 1245E Multi-pump Test Rig has been designed to demonstrate the operating characteristics (head flow curves and efficiency) of a series of different types of pumps, each having a broadly similar input power.
The rig can accommodate both rotodynamic and positive displacement pumps, and is supplied with the most common example of each type as standard (ie a centrifugal pump and a gear pump). A range of other pump types are available as accessories, (including axial, turbine, flexible impeller, diaphragm and plunger, plus a second centrifugal pump for series/parallel demonstrations). Up to four pumps can be accommodated simultaneously within the rig for use within a single laboratory period, and each can be run without disconnecting any pipework or connections. Further pumps can also be easily interchanged.
This new system benefits from electronic instrumentation, control and data logging using a PC and the use of a sensor less vector drive to accurately determine the torque provided by the drive motors.
As an option, the unit can be fitted with two identical centrifugal pumps to enable simple series/parallel pump configurations to be demonstrated.
- A mobile self-contained Multi-Pump Test Rig, containing all the services and instrumentation for determining the characteristic curves of eight different pumps at different speeds
- For rotodynamic pumps:
> Pressure head vs flow
> Power absorbed vs flow
> Pump efficiency vs flow
- For positive displacement pumps:
> Flow vs pressure head
> Power absorbed vs pressure head
> Volumetric efficiency vs pressure head
- Contains five different pump positions (four active at the same time). Digital readout enables mounting of selected pump
- Centrifugal pump and gear pump supplied as standard
- Axial pump, flexible impeller pump, turbine pump, diaphragm pump, plunger pump and a second centrifugal pump are all available as accessories
- Series/parallel pump demonstrations can be performed with the second centrifugal pump option
- Control valve incorporated upstream of each pump (except axial pump) to demonstrate the effect of suction loss on performance
- A PC is used to set the required speed of the pump(s) on test. A separate mimic diagram for the selected pump(s) on test displays the important measured and calculated variables
- Electronic measurement of flow, pressure head, suction head and motor torque
- Optional volumetric flow measurement system for reciprocating pumps
- Data logging and Data Acquisition is Included