PIPE Surge & Water Hammer Apparatus (Model ME-FL--12T)
The ARL’s 12T unique Water Hammer Apparatus is computer controlled apparatus used to teach the College and university level students.
- The ARL’s 12T freestanding unit designed to demonstrate the phenomena of pipe surge and water hammer when connected to a Hydraulics Bench
- Includes two separate stainless steel test pipes, both 3m long, constant head tank, slow acting valve, fast acting valve etc
- A transparent surge shaft (40 mm diameter and 800mm high) with scale allows transient water levels to be observed and timed
- Electronic sensors used to measure pressure transients at two locations in the water hammer test pipe, one adjacent to fast acting valve and one half way along the test pipe
- Pressure transients monitored using a using a USB connection from the pressure transducers (requires no external electrical supply)
- Straight metal pipes used, rather than a coiled arrangement, to minimize distortion to the pressure profile